Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A to Z Challenge 2017 -- Vegeta #atozchallenge

And we are back to the dulcet tones of grunting and yelling as warriors power up in another edition of Dragon Ball Z.  This time is the enemy turned Z Warrior, Vegeta, prince of all saiyans. (Of course, Frieza destroyed the saiyan planet and all the saiyans are dead except for Goku and Vegeta, but really does that matter to royalty.

Vegeta is as arrogant as the mountains under the ocean are high and an ego as long as the distance between the moon and sun. He thinks he's the best of the best because he is prince.  He doesn't understand how Goku can be more powerful.

Vegeta comes to Earth to take it over and sell it, which gets all the Z warriors involved.  After the epic showdown between Goku and Vegeta, Goku lets him go despite Krilin's warning to kill him.  Goku proves that he is right when Vegeta helps them on Namek later.

His quest to beat Goku becomes one of the long running threads in the series. It goes from pride's sake to one where he wants to push himself farther.

He returns to Earth, still cold and snotty and ruthless.  He slowly mellows as time goes by. He even becomes a family man. A hardened warrior going to an amusement park with his son. Yeah, not something I pictured either but it happens.

5 comments:

  1. These have all been interesting posts. Thanks for sharing. Find me here. LINK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even going to lie - my guilty pleasure was to read B/V fics. *fans self* I mean, that Vegeta... And I'm not sure why I liked Majin Vegeta a little too much. Lol. (Then again, I also loved Raditz (tho he was a buffoon), Perfect Cell, Majin and Kid Buu.) I had a thing for them villains, not that I was ever rooting for the wrong side. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for me it's those dark but redeemable characters are pretty hot. well, except sebastian. he's just hot.

      piccolo too. i really like the english voice because it fits him and it's a great voice. like alan rickman or benedict cumberbatch great voice.

      Delete
  3. I'm vaguely familiar with Dragon Ball Z even though my knowledge of anime is pretty limited. This looks like an interesting character. I like those that grow or otherwise change over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is a great character going from homicidal maniac to somewhat decent "human being". well, he is an alien that used to turn into a giant ape that could destroy the world . . .

      Delete

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE LITTLE BOX!